Tuesday 4 October 2016

Functional English WORK SHEET 1.2

Functional English WORK SHEET 1.2

Find out if there is any error in the use of Pronouns in each of the following sentences and correct the errors:

a. He, you and I are partners.
b. They, you and we can purchase that complex.
c. The jury were divided in its opinions.
d. Sita and Gita went to her school.
e. Suresh and his family have completed his work.
f. Each soldier and every sailor was in their place.
g. Each officer and each clerk has joined their duty.
h. Each of the students are ready to do their homework.
i. Neither of them gets their turn.
j. Ram or Shyam should deposit their dues.
k. Neither Mohan nor Sohan has completed their job.
l. Either the teacher or the students have done his work.
m. I am as intelligent as him.
n. It is her who refused the offer.
o. It is me who saw her yesterday.
p. It is him who is responsible.
q. She hid herself in the room.
r. Myself is Ruchi.
s. Himself can solve it.
t. I solved this question myself.
u. He came himself to see the patient.
v. The two friends quarreled with one another.
w. They all gave gifts to each other.
x. One should do his duty.
y. Everyone of the students were happy.
z. I bought each of these books for rupees fifty./ I bought these books each for rupees fifty.
aa. These men received each a prize./ These men received a prize each.
bb. I like the girl whose helps the poor.
cc. This is the boy who parents have died.
dd. His reply was such which we never expected from him.
ee. My books are same that yours.
ff. Suresh is a good player and who is my class fellow.
gg. Let you and I go to play.
hh. There is a close relation between she and I.
ii. Neither of these four vehicles will do.
jj. Anyone of the two girls can solve this puzzle.
kk. Either of the three students is responsible for the loss.
ll. One should obey his elders.
mm. Each of the employees have to arrange their own vehicle.
nn. Only those employees should be promoted whom are sincere.
oo. The leaders which do not love their country are not respected.
pp. Those whose live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
qq. It was me who telephoned you yesterday.
rr. Which house do you live?ss. My house is bigger than their. 


******

No comments:

Post a Comment