Wednesday 2 August 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.6

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.6
Choose the appropriate preposition:
1. This material is different ______ that.
2. You should explain this ____ them.
3. He has been absent _____ Monday.
4. I haven’t been _____ the theatre ____ a long time.
5. He goes ______ school ______ car.
6. This is a comfortable house ______ live ____.
7. They are called _____ different names.
8. We should not spend money ______ luxuries.
9. I gave him a chair ______ sit _____.
10. The new term begins _____ June 1st.
11. He poured the tea ______ the mug.
12. He said that he was very pleased ______ my work.
13. I was waiting _______ the bus stop when I met Larry.
14. Is there any milk ______ the bottle?
15. I was _______ my way ______ work when I met _______ an accident.
16. Please don’t stand _____ the door – you are ______ my way.
17. There is no way ______ proving that he was lying.
18. She has acted _____ several movies.
19. Have you put the meat _____ the fridge?
20. I haven’t seen her after she moved _____ Canada.
21. Can you put the child _____ bed?
22. The President will appear ______ television tonight.
23. We want the meeting ______ start exactly _______ time.
24. She decided ______ quit her job _____ several reasons.
25. I slept ______ nine o’clock.
26. I commenced work _______ 1st May.
27. We walked ______ the end _____ the street.
28. The child has been missing _______ yesterday.
29. He traveled seventy miles _____ two hours.
30. I received this message _______ 7 o’clock _______ the morning.
31. I saw him felling a big tree ______ a hatchet.
32. An old feud existed ________ the two families.
33. ________ Peter and John, there were three other boys present.
34. He was stabbed ______ a lunatic ______ a dagger.
35. She dislikes being looked _____.
36. Don’t throw food _____ the dog.
37. We may play football. It depends _____ the weather.
38. We want _______ see a big increase ______ productivity.
39. Excuse me, sir. You haven’t paid ______ your drink.
40. His wife is suffering _______ hepatitis.
41. I hate the thought _______ going back _____ work.
42. I am sorry _______ breaking your window.
43. Who is responsible ______ the shopping this week?
44. You remind me ______ a boy I was _____ school _____.
45. I am pleased _______ my exam results.
46. The noise ________ upstairs prevented me ______ sleeping.
47. She insisted _____ paying _______ the drinks.
48. I am having difficulty ______ my visa processing.
49. Peter is playing tennis ______ Sunday.
50. My brother's birthday is ______ the 5th _____ November.
51. My birthday is ______ May.
52. We are going _____ see my parents ______ the weekend.
53. In 1666, a great fire broke out _____ London.
54. I don't like walking alone ______ the streets _____ night.
55. What are you doing _______ the afternoon?
56. My friend has been living _______ Canada ______ two years.
57. I have been waiting _______ you _______ seven o'clock.
58. I will have finished this essay ______ Friday.
59. Most people agree that kindergarten contributes _____ the child's mental development.
60. Since Jennifer was a year younger ______ her friends, she had a hard time keeping _____ with them.

 ******

No comments:

Post a Comment