Wednesday 2 August 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.7

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.7
Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions.
1. _____ most countries, children start the primary school ____ the age _____ six.
2. Although he studied hard, he couldn't succeed ____ getting a high score ____ his test.
3. There are different sets ____ language learning sets available _____ all age groups.
4. All candidates are looking forward _____ the announcement _____ our test scores.
5. Since I will be busy ____ my homework and prepare _____ the exam tomorrow, I don't think I will be able ____ go out tonight.
6. The students walk five kilometers _____ school, so they need to get _____ very early ____ the morning.
7. Since our school was next ____ our house, I used ____ come home ____ lunch time.
8. I was born _____ the 23rd ____ April, so there is no school when it's my birthday.
9. She accused me _____ stealing her watch.
10. I am afraid ______ cockroaches.
11. She left the firm because she could not agree ______ their policies.
12. Why are you angry ______ me?
13. She is anxious _____ an end _______ this misunderstanding.
14. You must apologize ______ disturbing him.
15. You must apologize ______ your colleagues.
16. We arrived ______ Budapest _____ the evening.
17. I am not very good _____ badminton.
18. Do you believe ______ life after death?
19. She devoted her life ______ helping the poor and the destitute.
20. Bad weather didn’t deter us ______ starting our vacation.
21. Punishment is not necessarily a deterrent _____ crime.
22. Be wary ______ politicians who claim ____ be devoted public servants.
23. I despise anyone who is cruel ______ animals.
24. The desire _____ fame drove him relentlessly.
25. Some animals can survive _____ very little water.
26. She was deprived ______ her membership _____ nonpayment _____ dues.
27. I deposited 100 dollars ____ my savings account.
28. The officer was deaf _______ our requests for help.
29. Physical activity is beneficial _____ health.
30. Are you conscious _____ your responsibility _____ this matter?
31. We regret that we cannot comply ______ your request _____ the moment.
32. The award was conferred ______ him _____ the ceremony.
33. They congratulated him ______ his promotion.
34. He is thoroughly conversant ______ the problem.
35. The headmaster has called ______ an explanation ______ the students.
36. I don’t care _______ your opinion: I have decided _____ do it.
37. One must never deviate ______ the right path.
38. Eventually she acceded _____ my requests.
39. There is no cure _____ many forms _____ cancer.
40. She is keen _______ pursuing higher education ______ the US.
41. His latest novels make several allusions _____ Hindu Mythology.
42. He was anxious _______ contact his parents.
43. She has an aptitude _____ music.
44. The indulgent mother is always blind ______ her child’s faults.
45. He was brought _____ by his grandparents.
46. He is addicted ______ drinking.
47. The work was done ______ haste.
48. The thieves jumped _______ the wall.
49. He spoke _____ me _____ French.
50. The moon does not shine _____ its own light.
51. He has yet ______ recover ______ his illness.
52. Do not cry ______ spilt milk.
53. Why are you looking _____ her like that?
54. She is quite happy _______ her result.
55. I am impressed ______ your work.
56. We have been waiting ______ ages.
57. We may go swimming – it depends ______ the weather.
58. Raju is anxiously waiting _____ his results.
59. He is absorbed _____ his studies.
60. Study the examples given ______.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment