Wednesday 2 August 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.8

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.8
Fill in the blanks with suitable Prepositions:
1. I have no acquaintance _____ Maria.
2. The Marwaris have great aptitude ____ business.
3. Take care ____ your health.
4. Why don't you lodge a complaint _____ your noisy neighbors?
5. I hope she will justify my confidence _____ her.
6. She is a disgrace ____ her family.
7. His fondness ____ her is natural.
8. Her hatred ____ him was very great.
9. You have shown undue leniency ____ her.
10. Her longing ____ her son is great.
11. He is blamed ____ neglect ____ duty.
12. I have no objection ____ your going there.
13. I am always _____ peace _____ my neighbors.
14. Her great pride _____ her wealth is foolish.
15. Jack had made no progress _____ her studies.
16. I have a great regard ____ him.
17. Quinine is a remedy _____ malaria.
18. What is your subscription _____ the Famine Relief Fund?
19. She is the victim _____ her own foolishness.
20. Ghulam was accused _____ theft.
21. Are you acquainted _____ her?
22. The thief was acquitted _____ her charge.
23. Tom is addicted _____ gambling.
24. The hotel is adjacent _____ the Post Office.
25. I was amazed ______ her impudence.
26. Raman was annoyed ____ her behavior.
27. She is very anxious _______ her son's health.
28. Pratap is averse ______ regular work.
29. Joseph is bent _____ mischief.
30. May you always be blessed ______ good health!
31. The carpenter is blind ______ the right eye.
32. Rashida is blind ______ her own faults.
33. The ship is bound _____ England.
34. Peter is confident _____ success.
35. The boys acted contrary ____ my instructions.
36. He was deaf _____ all her entreaties.
37. Raman is desirous _____ going abroad.
38. I am disgusted _____ her conduct.
39. He is not eligible ______ promotion.
40. Health is essential _____ happiness.
41. Her name seems quite familiar _____ me.
42. I am not familiar ______ her tricks.
43. I am glad _____ your success.
44. The Headmaster is ignorant ______ facts.
45. They are indifferent _____ their own business.
46. Alcohol is injurious ______ health.
47. I was introduced _____ the Collector.
48. This house is occupied _____ his fiance.
49. He is just now occupied _____ the translation _____ a French novel.
50. He is occupied _______ translating a French novel.
51. She was overwhelmed _____ grief.
52. Health is preferable _____ wealth.
53. The prince was reduced ______ poverty.
54. Jack is always short _____ money.
55. He is well versed _____ Mathematics.
56. He was vexed ______ his failure.
57. He is worthy ______ our reverence and esteem.
58. You must abide ______ your promise.
59. Sami persisted ______ going there.
60. I insisted ______ her leaving this place ____ once.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment