Monday 7 August 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 3.2

Functional English WORK SHEET 3.2
Correct the following sentences:
a. Few boys will pass in the examination.
b. I have already read a few books that are on the bookshelf.
c. No less than fifty persons were killed.
d. There are no fewer than five liters of water in the jug.
e. Ram is elder than all other boys of his area.
f. Suresh is my older brother.
g. Shelley is junior than Wordsworth.
h. I prefer reading than sleeping.
i. He is stronger than any man.
j. The scenery of Kashmir is better than Shimla.
k. The number of students are very small.
l. A number of books is missing.
m. Ram, as well as his ten friends, are going.
n. The teacher, along with the students, were going.
o. Neither he nor his friends is reading.
p. Bread and butter make a good breakfast.
q. It is one of the important day in my life.
r. He not only comes for swimming but also for coaching the learners.
s. I had scarcely entered the room than the phone rang.
t. Though he is poor but he is honest.
u. No sooner had I entered the class when the students stood up.
v. Read regularly lest you will fail.
w. He is such a writer that everybody should read his books.
x. Unless you do not study hard, you will not pass.
y. Wait here until I do not return.
z. He has been reading the book since two hours.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment