Monday 7 August 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 3.6

Functional English WORK SHEET 3.6
Complete the following sentences using appropriate articles. In some cases, no articles are needed.
1. _____Man is mortal. 
2. I am _____ university student.
3. She goes to temple in _____ mornings.
4. Kiran is _____ best student in ______ class.
5. The camel is _____ ship of _____ desert.
6. This book has won ______ Booker prize.
7. Harishchandra was _______ honest king.
8. I am fond of ______ classical music. 
9. I met ______ boy in ______ store.
10. ______ Gold is ______ precious metal.
11. She returned after _______ hour.
12. There is _____ institution for ______ blind in this city.
13. ______ sun rises in ______ east.
14. He works at _____ factory.
15. He is ______ oldest member of ______ club.
16. I like to watch _______ football. 
17. I want _______ apple from that basket.
18. _________ church on ________ corner is progressive.
19. Miss Lin speaks _______ Chinese. 
20. I borrowed ________ pencil from your pile of pencils and pens.
21. One of _______ students said, "_______ professor is late today."
22. Eli likes to play _______ volleyball. 
23. I bought ________ umbrella to go out in _______ rain.
24. My daughter is learning to play _______ violin at her school.
25. Please give me _______ cake that is on _______ counter.
26. I lived on _____ Main Street when I first came to town. 
27. Albany is _______ capital of ______ New York State. 
28. My husband's family speaks ______ Polish. 
29. ______ apple ______ day keeps ______ doctor away.
30. ______ ink in my pen is red.
31. Our neighbors have ______ cat and ______ dog.
32. I bought ______ pair of shoes.
33. I saw _______ movie last night.
34. They are staying at ______ hotel.
35. Look at _______ woman over there! She is ______ famous actress.
36. I do not like ______ basketball.
37. That is ______ girl I told you about.
38. ______ night is quiet. Let's take ______ walk!
39. ______ price of gas keeps rising.
40. John traveled to _____ Mexico.
41. Juan is ______ Spanish.
42. I read _______ amazing story yesterday.
43. My brother does not eat ______ chicken.
44. ______ love is such _____ beautiful thing.
45. I live in ______ apartment. The apartment is new.
46. I would like ______ piece of cake.
47. I was in ______ Japanese restaurant. The restaurant served good food.
48. Sara can play ______ guitar.
49. New York is ______ big city.
50. ______ cow is _____ useful animal.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment